This course can be scheduled to meet your specific requirements. For more information about this course
or to schedule a class, please contact us at (866) 878-8900 or email@example.com.
This phase provides an introduction to the knowledge and skills that you need to complete to become a certified firefighter under National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1001, Standard for Fire Fighter Professional Qualifications. This is the first of five phases necessary to become certified at Firefighter Level I.
Students rotate among the classroom sessions and field operations exercises according to the section to which they are assigned. Live fire structure training evolutions are not included in the Firefighting Phase I curriculum due to the NFPA 1403, Standard on Live Fire Training Evolutions requirement for prior Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) training.
There are no prerequisites for this class
- • Fire department organization/Public relations
- • Firefighter safety/Personal Protective Equipment
- • Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus
- • Ground cover firefighting (Basic)
- • Fire streams (Basic)
- • Fire hose practices
- • NFPA 1403 Compliance
- • Live burns: - Portable extinguishers - Vehicle fires
All emergency response personnel, including fire prevention, suppression, control and safety personnel.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Level 4 as described in the TEEX Student Safety Manual. All students are required to follow this manual at all times.
- Wear regular station duty wear for fire field activities
- Wear office attire for classroom sessions.
- You may not wear shorts, sleeveless shirts, or open-toed shoes to any class or field activity.
Due to the strenuous nature of firefighting and rescue activities, participants should secure a professional evaluation of their physical condition prior to enrolling in this course.
Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
Phone: (866) 878-8900
Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Course size limit
Annual schools registration information
Annual Schools require that you use the registration form. You can print the registration form and mail it with a check, or fax it to (979) 847-9301 with an approved/signed Purchase Order. Only Annual School registration forms will be accepted.
Late Registration Fee
A late fee of $50.00 will be assessed to payments made after the registration deadline for the Annual Municipal School classes.