This course can be scheduled to meet your specific requirements. For more information about this course
or to schedule a class, please contact us at (866) 878-8900 or email@example.com.
This is the third of three courses for those seeking certification through the Texas Commission on Fire Protection (TCFP) or State Firemen’s and Fire Marshals’ Association (SFFMA) to become a Fire Investigator.
This course satisfies the 27 mandatory skills required by the TCFP and prepares the student for the TCFP certification exam.
For certification purposes, the phases must be taken in sequence.
Proof of successful completion of the following courses by the first day of class
You must provide a copy of your transcript or a certificate to the lead instructor on the first day of class.
- 27 Mandatory skills (TCFP)
- Practical exercises
- Practical Exercises Performed
- Practical Exercises: Pull wire, Terminate wire into jacks, Terminate wire end connectors
- Review for Certification Exam
All Emergency Response personnel, including fire prevention, suppression, control and safety personnel.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
Attire and safety gear
- Wear regular station duty wear for fire field activities
- Wear office attire for classroom sessions.
- You may not wear to any class or field activity
- sleeveless shirts
- open-toed shoes
- a hard hat or structural firefighting helmet
- eye protection
- work gloves or structural firefighting gloves
- steel-toed boots
You are encouraged to bring the most current editions of the following books:
- NFPA 921: Guide for Fire/Explosion Investigations
- IFSTA: Fire Investigator
- Kirk’s Fire Investigation
Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- Monday - Thursday: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m. until finished
Annual Fire Training School
Annual Municipal School registration late fee
- $50.00 will be assessed to payments made after the registration deadline.