TPA110 - Basic Peace Officer Course - Night - 728.00 Hours
PrerequisitesParticipant must be at least 21 years of age before the class end date and meet TCLEOSE minimum standards for licensing.
The Central Texas Police Academy (CTPA) delivers the Basic Peace Officer course. This course is 35 weeks in duration and meets Monday - Thursday 6p.m. - 10p.m. and every other Saturday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Participants receive classroom training designed to ready each student for the state licensing examination and engage in hands-on, practical training to better prepare them for the rigors of police work.
CTPA Frequently Asked Questions
CTPA Academy Rules
- Texas Penal Code
- Report writing
- Arrest procedures
- Criminal investigations
- Self-defense techniques
- Firearms training
- Crime scene investigation
- Traffic enforcement and investigations
- Patrol tactics
- Emergency vehicle operation
- Physical fitness training
- Firearms training
- Standardized Field Sobriety Testing
Anyone who is interested in becoming a Texas peace officer
Participants are required to bring the following list of items to class:
- Notebook paper (8 1/2" x 11")and notebook dividers (minimum 33)
- Blue or black ink pens, red ink pen, highlighters, #2 pencils
- Small dictionary, law dictionary (optional)
- Gear bag (recommended)
- Duty belt
- Handgun and secure holster - thumb-break style
- Minimum of 2 speed loaders or 3 magazines
- Handcuffs and key (Smith & Wesson, Peerless, Hiatts, etc.)and handcuff case
- Speed loader pouch or double magazine pouch
- Straight flashlight (Mag-lite, Surefire, Stream Light, etc.)and flashlight holder
- Belt keepers (minimum of 4)
- Black shoes or boots that can be polished
- Athletic gear consisting of navy-colored shorts or sweats; athletic shoes and towel must be brought the first day of class and each day thereafter. White t-shirt will be worn for PT prior to academy t-shirts being worn.
- The required pants for the uniform are Dickies brand #874 Khaki pants. They are available from Wal-Mart and other common vendors for less than $20.00/pair. It is recommended that the student purchase at least three pair.
If you need additional information contact a customer service representative at 979-845-6677 or email us at email@example.com
Please click on "details" above for individual class pricing.