HAZ001 - First Responder Awareness and Operations Training - 16.00 Hours
PrerequisitesDue to the strenuous demands, a physical examination is recommended.
This is a combined course of the First Responder Awareness Level and First Responder Operations Level. Course meets or exceeds OSHA, EPA and DOT requirements. This course is designed to address the OSHA requirement per OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120 (q)(6)(i) and (ii).
Topics covered in the course include:
- Regulations overview
- Hazardous materials emergency response plans
- Basic hazard and risk assessment
- Personal protective equipment
- Respiratory protection
- Incident control
- Termination procedures
- Hands-on training
Personnel who normally will be the "first responder" to a hazardous materials incident
- Courses will begin at 8 a.m. on the first day of class unless other arrangements have been made.
- All equipment for class is furnished.
- Fees must be paid prior to or on the first day of class unless other arrangements have been made. Fees do not include lodging or meals.
- Course dates and fees are subject to change without notice.
Register online or use our registration form
(MS Word format, the form will open in a new window), fill it out, print it, and fax it to (979)458-4368.