This course can be scheduled to meet your specific requirements. For more information about this course
or to schedule a class, please contact us at (800) 423-8433 or email@example.com.
From the moment a human body is discovered, there are many potential causes, factors, and circumstances that must be considered in completing a thorough criminal investigation and potential prosecution. This course addresses the procedures for conducting investigations of various types of human death and the investigator’s role throughout the investigative process.
This course meets Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE) requirements Texas Forensic Science Academy Death Investigation Course #40059.
There are no prerequisites for this class
- Autopsy, laboratory, and specialist capabilities
- Body of evidence
- Child death
- Death investigation procedures
- Decedents in a hospital setting
- Investigating specific types of death
- Medical examiner and coroner systems
- Stress management
- Time of death estimation and post-mortem processes
- Types of trauma
- Law enforcement and non-commissioned personnel assigned to crime scene investigation and death investigation
- Must be licensed or certified peace officers with a current commission or non-commissioned personnel assigned to investigate/process crime scenes
Government Programs, Certifications and Accreditations
40.00 Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
40.00 International Association of Identification (IAI)
Phone: (979) 845-6677 | Toll-Free: (800) 423-8433 | Fax: (979) 862-2788